Thursday, October 23, 2008

Location 2


So we've already talked a lot about location, seeing as i've kinda been all over the place, and to talk about location when one is traveling is kinda...well, ever present. well, the time has come to yet again change location.

I (now) find that changing ones physical location is key in seeing things differently. Like, I can look at a square in the states, and i can look at a square in europe, and see them very differently based on their location. or, i can just see a square.

i find that differentiating between seeing different squares and seeing the same one is very important. It's important to recognize that in this world everything affects everything else, so it may indeed be the same square i'm looking at. yay! unity!

or, they can be two different squares. yay american upbringing full of uniqueness!

in any case, next week i'll be in Italy, and i probably won't update. I'm very excited...I get to see mary and jasmine and venice and florence! yay venice! i hope my hostel is good. I'll be taking lots and lots and lots of photos.

speaking of photos (and I always seem to be) this week my photo class went really well. The girls relaxed and everyone was just having a good time being artsy-fartsy and looking at things like composition. i managed to teach! it was fun.

also, i entered a contest. my entry, as well as all the others, can be found here: http://zemotion.deviantart.com/journal/20980761/
(just scroll down a little...mine is the one from the same shoot as the photo this week...bright red shoes!) i hope i win.

miss you all, hope everyone is healthier than me at the moment (i hate colds).

ps: i cut my hair
pps: it's cute

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the new photo - reminiscent of the lipstick photos, but new too. Also the one you posted for the contest - good luck!
How about posting (or emailing) a quick self-portrait, with new hair?
Glad class is going well, and drink lots of tea with honey and lemon, and use Thieves, and get better really quickly!!!
Love,
YVVVLM