Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A different angle


Frequently, I get stuck in one way of doing something that when I finally get out of the rut, I feel like it's the first breath of air in a long time. I don't realize sometimes that my imagination gets stuck. Most of the time it's called lack of inspiration. Sometimes you need to look at things like an alien to realize how cool they are.

but then random things happen, like your parents come to town. They don't walk past the giant architectural wonders, or over the rivers, the bizarre amount of people taking wedding photos in the same places. They see things in very different ways, they see things as the unusual. Which, if you're around people seeing the unusual enough, you can begin to get inspired by it. I need to go out shooting. this weekend made me want to go out shooting.

so mom and dad were in town and we had a really good time!! we went to the gallery, did an architectural tour, walked around millennium park, went to taste of chicago, saw a movie, went to chicago pride festival, ate at COOBAH (YUMYUMYUM), ate at NIU (YUMYUMYUM), and saw my appartment. all this in about 3 days. I was sooo tired afterward, but it was worth it. I especially enjoyed the architectural tour, our guide was funny and it wasn't too much information at one time.

this week at the gallery i don't have a lot of days i'm working...but i do have some really interesting things i'm doing!
David, the owner of the gallery, has me working on scanning in his old family photos, some dating back to late 1800's early 1900's. COOOOOL. (something else that's cool - this idea where you do fashion photography, but like a victorian photograph)also on thursday 2 of the other women i work with and i are going to do some funky test modeling for this infrared portrait photography idea. i'm so excited about it!!

lots of things comming up!
1. this weekend, i'll be with sylvia, bruce, tricia, the kids, and jason for 4th of july in wisconson! hopefully i'll take lots of pictures
2. after that, on july 11 (which is also the last day of the golden ratio show), andrew comes until the 22!!!!!!! I'm seriously excited to see him.
3. very shortly after that, on the 25, Jasmine is coming for a few days! hopefully she'll keep me from being too sad.
4. then i'm done! this summer went so quickly already!

what's up with you guys?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was great to see you and Chicago.
I miss you already... :-(
Up to Paradox this weekend! (I hope)
Time to drop the boat in :-)

YLD

Anonymous said...

I had a wonderful weekend too! It was great to see you in a place you're so excited about. And I'm very happy to read that you are going to start shooting again. I love the picture of us at cloudgate!
Love,
YVLM