Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Couple Portraits


Ah...the classic portrait question. How does one actually capture a couple without making it too cute, or too romantic, or too edgy, or too sexy? It's a difficult conundrum, especially when a photographer is only first introduced to said couple. How do you make the personality of the couple come out?

wellllllllllll...when you're one of the people IN the couple, it makes it a little easier :-D however...it's also very extremely easy to cross the overly cute line. OH WELL.

Soooo yea. I know I haven't updated in a while, but in all fairness, I've been kinda very busy, and now that Andrew is here...well...i have even less time :-). We're very happy, finally seeing each other after a four month break (aka: hell) and we're just havin a good time in the city. We went to fireworks tonight, batman and the feild museum saturday, etc etc etc.

everything is happy!


work is very busy. very extremely busy. Like i have a list of about 13 ongoing projects sitting on my desk at this very moment. Some, actually, to do with photography. my boss wants me to photograph certain things in the museum for a really big board meeting that's coming up. woohoo! exciting stuff. my second bout of photography at the museum...in case i didn't mention previously, I also photographed the fourth of july celebration.

in other news - i will definately have a visa for France before I leave here/have all of my forms in to my study abroad program. it's just taking me a little while to get there. but so far, the following photo pretty acurately describes my feelings about the situation:


that's all for now - i'll try not to let so much time pass before the next update!!

oh, and one other thing. MY OFFICIAL WEBSITE WILL ALSO BE UP BEFORE I LEAVE CHICAGO!!! (thanks to all the hard work of the lovely mr. tekamp!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY much? You two sure look it!
Glad to hear you are having a wonderful visit together. It sort of explains the lack of "waiting for the bus" calls...
Keep on having fun!
Love,
YVLM